Clay Alabama Homeowner Calls in Plumber to Reduce Mold Risk

 

Buying a flip house can be a great buy. But there may need to be some renovations. One homeowner in Clay, Alabama had a mildew problem in the bathroom. He decided to do some demolition and rework himself. But when it came to the plumbing, he called us.

 

One of the key improvements we made was switching from the copper-to-pex, push-on joints to a copper-to-copper, more stable, permanent-style joint.

 

This change will reduce the risk for future leaks, which will also reduce the chance for mildew or mold growth in the wall and provide for a safer home environment.

 

Mold inside the home is serious. The CDC states:

"In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. The IOM also found limited or suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children."

 

 

The Alabama Department of Health has a list of mold sickness symptoms to look for. And in February 2019, the Department sent a press release warning of the dangers of indoor mold and the health problems it can cause.

 

We'll #aceyourplumbing by installing the best pipes and fittings to reduce the chance of mold developing inside your walls. Alabama, being in the subtropics, is a prime spot for mold growth. Check out what others have said about our plumbing work.

Please reload

Business Address

7227 Deerhaven Road

Pinson, AL 35126

phone icon blue_edited_edited_edited.png

Call or Text

2019 by ACE Plumbing Services

Website design and management by Tidmore Communications